Tuesday, February 26, 2008

something new

On our travels today Brian and I decided to get a coffee for the road. My caffeine enthusiast boss recommended a place on 4th ave to me, she is convinced that it is better than the highly acclaimed Cafe Artigiano which has venues scattered around Vancouver. Four brothers started Cafe Arigiano and over time it gained popularity and they decided to sell it. One of the brothers wanted to start a new place in hopes that it would be more intimate and unique since their old business had become too big for what they wanted.

Point being, if you live in Kits or happen to be traveling through, the 49th Parallel is certainly worth a stop. We left the store with: my usual soy vanilla latte, a regular latte for Bri, one of their signature cups - the blue and brown motif is pretty much an automatic sell for me, and finally a pound of their "epic espresso" which was very reasonably priced. Needless to say, the won us over. I don't venture out to cafes very often as I have a great espresso maker at home and cannot justify spending $4 per coffee since usually places don't do the soy coffees to my liking, but if I do 49th Parallel is where you'll find me.

No comments: